Sunday 21 March 2004

Blog on Blogging or "The Why"

I've been asked why on earth I would do something like this, and my immediate response was "Because the world needs to hear and ignore what I have to say". That's probably pretty much it. I'm happy for my thoughts to be on the web, even if nobody's reading them. Like shouting into the desert.

So what's the point? It's psychological, of course. I can't tell if anyone's reading or not (most likely not, so far) but they could be, and that's what matters. It's not like I'm writing in a journal nobody can ever read at all, or won't until I'm dead. This one is out there for everyone to see.

Most of my need to express myself is already fulfilled in my paper journal, and that one nobody will see until I'm gone. That's probably why updates here will be so infrequent. There's not much difference between the two.

So I've got to figure out what I want to say here. Back when I knew everything, I wanted to tell people how to be better (especially my fellow males), how to design better software and how to become a person to be feared. Now I probably just want to talk about software.

I guess I'm not going anywhere with this. Best to quit while I'm still relatively coherent.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - There are some behaviours I know I should not encourage.
PPS - Usually they are the ones I allow to continue the longest.