Monday 22 March 2004

How to disintegrate spiders

This morning, as I was washing the dishes, a small spider appeared near the sink. I left it alone, but still vowed to destroy the creature should it get in my way. As it turns out, that was unnecessary.

Our young Mr Spider was drawn to the hot water, and dipped a toe in. It seems that was too much for it, as it turned around to make a hasty retreat. Unfortunately, it slipped and fell backwards into the suds. As I cleared the bubbles aside to check on the fate of the little monster, I was surprised to find that every one of its legs had fallen off. Apparently, this is what happens to spiders in hot water.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - And thus nature has presented me with yet another spider-annihilating method.
PPS - "Science again! I said science again!" - Homestar Runner