Wednesday 31 March 2004

It's (almost) Alive!

Earlier I wrote about how I'd bought the final component for my new PC, but it turns out I was wrong. I managed to miss the fact that my motherboard doesn't have on-board video, so I needed a video card. I picked one up yesterday, plugged it in, and fired up my PC for the first time. There's a slight problem with the floppy drive, but apart from that, the as-yet-unnamed PC is fully functional.

I have yet to install the operating system, because: a) the keyboard is a fancy affair that needs a special driver installed before it can send function keystroke signals and b) the Windows XP installation requires you to press F8 to say you agree to the licence. I'll try plugging it into a USB port instead of its current PS/2 port tonight.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'd post pictures, if I had any.
PPS - Maybe some other time.

No comments: