Thursday 25 March 2004

Wake up, Neo ...

Some days you wake up feeling good. Today seems to be one of those, despite the fact that I am, once again, turning to chemical aids to stay awake. Today's wake-up call is Milo "Energy Food Drink" which sounds very stupid when you put it like that. Doesn't taste great. Slightly bitter.

Anyway, probably contributing to the general good mood was the bus ride to work. I should start by saying that I name some of the familiar strangers I see on the bus. Today I sat next to "Lisa". I usually travel in silence, either reading or staring out the window, apart from an occasional "bless you" response to a sneeze. Today was no exception to the vow of silence. Sometimes it just feels good to be in the presence of people with whom no speech is necessary. Awkward pauses are the worst.

Everyone please raise your caffeinated beverages in a toast to silence.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - But no clinking them together.
PPS - Man, this Milo better be worth it.

No comments: