Friday 11 June 2004

1 Is To 1-Point-Something-Or-Other

It's one thing to believe that I may be unattractive. It's quite another to obtain mathematical proof. According to the "golden ratio" and people who have studied it, my left eye is half a centimetre too low and my legs are 8 centimetres too short. The eye thing makes my face asymmetrical, which is unattractive.

Still, as much as I'd like to blame my romantic failures on such mathematical principles that are outside my control, I know I must accept some responsibility for the fact. I meet nobody. I interact poorly. Frankly, I scare people, and not like a rollercoaster or a slasher movie. I mean like discovering a severed head in your freezer.

Sometimes I'm okay with it. Sometimes, like now, I'm overtired and everything is just that little bit more intense. This time, for real, I need a couple of days off work.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I blame Discovery Channel for the knowledge of my physical inadequacies.
PPS - This weekend we celebrate the Queen's birthday by taking the day off work. I love this country.

No comments: