Thursday 10 June 2004

I Can't Believe It's Not Milk!

My father, for reasons best known to himself, has purchased a milk-like substance known as "PhysiCAL" and would like us to use it on our cereal from now on. Ug's comment on the subject was that it tastes "like water", and is clearly an inferior substitute. Besides taste deficiencies, the offending liquid also costs more than regular milk and offers only ethereal promises in return.

It seems to me that the dairy-phobic industry has yet to produce a milk-substitute that even tastes slightly like actual milk. Perhaps the difference is less pronounced for those of us raised on non-milk substances, but for our family it's always been your standard homogenised, pasteurised full cream. Anything else is the taste equivalent of Cinderella's ugly sisters.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The Cinderella thing was the best metaphor I could concoct rapidly.
PPS - If I think of a better one, I'll get back to you.

No comments: