Friday 16 July 2004

Crossing Over

Well, it's happened: I've officially stepped over the line from adventure gamer to RPG player. Last night in my KOTOR session I went hunting for experience points purely to level up. Then I kept going because it's extremely cool to see someone fight with a lightsabre, casually deflecting blaster bolts while closing the distance to cut you in half. I've only clocked just over 11 hours of play time and already I know this game is going to be very good to me.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I think it will at least hold me off City of Heroes for a while.
PPS - Although I will inevitably end up playing that, too.

2 comments:

Pstonie said...

I'd have normally said something along the lines of "How could you leave adventure games?!" and all that. If I myself hadn't already succumbed to the sweet smell of progress.

John said...

I'd be horrified, too, if adventure games were still a major market item. They're just too few and far between to ease the shakes.