Sunday 4 July 2004

The Sunday Mok

I've decided to start summarising my paper journal here every Sunday partly as a way of keeping any of my friends appraised of my current situation, but also for added content. So I give you the first ever edition of:

The Sunday Mok

Routine church service on Sunday, including Dad's stage fright performance. In the afternoon I attended the farewell service for Richard. At the evening service, I sang and performed in a skit. That's three services, and it made me miss my usual Sunday afternoon sleep. My LED light inside my computer has broken, so now the window on the side of the case just looks in on a few boring circuit boards. It could be a while before I replace it - I've got heaps of other stuff I'm saving for.
Monday I watched "Faking it" and Big Brother. I liked Faking It enough to keep watching in coming weeks, and observed some familiar behaviour in BB - a last-ditch romantic effort to get someone's attention that just ends up with humiliation.
Tuesday I felt like I got back into the work routine after two days off, but still felt like I was doing less work than I should have been. Made a little progress. Bus ticket prices went down by $4.80 per week for me.
Wednesday - still feel like I'm slacking off at work. Decided to start the Sunday posts here. Bought "Fallen" by Evanesence and "Peach Pit Politics" by Rookie. Still waiting for the Rookie CD to arrive by post. Had a youth leadership development meeting tonight with Jane and the rest of the youth group leaders. Noticed how Michelle is getting energised for the church.
Thursday I felt like I'd temporarily run out of ideas for my weekday blog posts. Until then I'd had a backlog of ideas that I'd been running through at the rate of one per day. The "rich client" software started to fall to bits. It's a massive tangle of data, events, controls and rules. I don't want to have to keep working on it. I noted my tendency to use any and all change in my pockets to buy food from the vending machine.
Friday I managed not to buy anything from the vending machine. I bumped into Lyn, a friend from church who has since moved to another church. Her kids are both getting married, and she seems to be always interested in my love life in a way nobody else is. It's nice to be able to talk about it sometimes. Planned out the coming term of youth group programs along with the SLAM leaders. Ate way too much pizza. Found that Star Wars: Attack of the Clones is playing on Showtime on Monday night, and planned to record it.
Saturday I bought Buffy season 2 on DVD and stayed out until 02:00 watching videos and playing Bomberman and Tetris - good retrogaming. Saw Chris for the first time in ages and learned that he's hooked up with a girl he mentioned ages ago. I've been a bit out of touch since he stopped writing to his LiveJournal.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I think this will work well.
PPS - The format may change a bit as I get more used to this.

No comments: