Sunday 10 October 2004

The Sunday Mok - The Interminable Dilemma

Should I stay or should I go? Should I walk or wait? I've been sitting on a bit of a knife-edge this week, and it's just a little bit uncomfortable.
Sunday I noted that I'd been running into a parade of ex-girlfriend-equivalents completely by accident and at random. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it all. I also spent a large amount of time thinking about someone else entirely.
On Monday at work, I made slow progress which should have been faster. I just can't concentrate recently, and I'd like some time off to clear my head a bit.
Tuesday was very similar at work to Monday. On Tuesday night I started a new Sims 2 family, since I'd been finding it hard to get into the pre-built families.
Wednesday I was ready to burst. I know now that I just wanted to tell someone - anyone - how I feel. The untargeted venting I'd done previously was slightly less therapeutic than it would have been had I posted those thoughts here.
Thursday morning I did post a bit of venting here, and almost immediately felt better. I was out for about 15.5 hours counting work, dinner and Shaun of the Dead.
On Friday our whole source code database died and needed to be restored from a two-day-old backup. Since that took all morning, I studied for my MCSD exams. The youth group program in the evening was a chalk chase that worked pretty well.
On Saturday morning I handed out "How To Vote" cards at the local polling booth. These particular cards urged people to vote for a minor party with which I am not involved at all. I'm not involved in any political party, in fact. I'll write more about that tomorrow.
So that's it, I guess.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I felt better after Thursday, but I'm still a bit angsty.
PPS - And nervous. And restless.

No comments: