Tuesday 23 November 2004

Decaffeination, Day 2

As the title says, this is my second day off caffeine in my little experiment. I feel terrible. Last night I got a headache and had a weird lump in my throat. This morning I can taste bile and it feels like I've burst a tiny blood vessel or two in my nose. The computer monitor hurts my eyes and I feel a little sick. I'm not sure exactly how much of this is related to caffeine deprivation; I'm just saying it because it's true.

Up until yesterday I was living on about 80mg of caffeine per day. That's only two cans of Pepsi MAX, and it's still been enough to hurt when I'm off cold turkey. I've been wired for about 18 months, I think.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I expect to remain tired today.
PPS - Also I'm not used to my mind being this sluggish.

No comments: