Sunday 28 November 2004

The Sunday Mok - Decaffeinated

This week, in one sentence, was a long upbeat mood coupled with caffeine withdrawal.

Sunday was pretty cool. Casey won Australian Idol and I was complimented on my singing by Michelle, who actually knows what she's talking about. I got into such a good mood on Sunday that I was talking and relating to people like a normal person. I was filled with energy and also relaxed enough to come out of my shell. I like times like these.
Monday I quit caffeine cold turkey, along with flavoured milk drinks and snacks. I switched to salad sandwiches for lunch, because I'm trying to drop just a little bit of weight before I get to the beach in a couple of weeks. Although I stuck to the plan at work, Dad kept buying assorted pastries, buns and fatty foods for home. I have now asked him to stop doing that.
Tuesday evening I was at a church meeting. While the debate raged on about whether we'd be the nine hundredth institution to get a sign out the front with interchangeable letters, I started to sketch randomly. What came out of me were all images of sharpness, darkness and screaming. Apparently, I have issues.
Wednesday my energy lasted until about 15:30 at work, which was pretty good. I went to another church meeting, this time regarding a Christmas event for kids. I'm not much of a planner, so exactly what I was doing there I don't know. I stressed heaps about planning the Friday night youth program which was still up in the air at this point.
Thursday I'd sorted out just about everything to do with Friday, which was a great relief. I spent most of the day at work trying to chase down some undesired functionality in one of my programs. It's not exactly a bug, which makes it a little difficult to find and fix.
Friday we successfully ran a progressive dinner for the youth group kids. In the end, I had to do only very little. I hope this didn't mean too many others picked up my slack, because I do that a bit too often. It felt a bit underplanned and slightly rushed to me.
Saturday was one of those lazy days - I played City of Heroes, slept, shopped briefly, watched a bit of Buffy and went to a youth group leaders' break-up party. In all, a rather good day.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - How bad is it to almost forget someone's birthday to their face?
PPS - I did that on Friday night - I recalled a date that was two days too early.

No comments: