Tuesday 11 January 2005

Angst. Sorry.

Usually I'd keep this kind of thing to myself, but it seems to be as good as anything else I'd post today. Last night I learned of a number of events planned by my friends to which I have not been invited. Part of the reason for that is surely that I have to work and can't afford much time at the moment. Still, I'd rather make those decisions for myself.

Let Me In

Over there in that bubble is where they
Can't hear me whisper
Can't hear me talk
Can't hear me scream
LET ME IN I cry in a voice
Too small to notice in the cacophony of silence
Unplug your ears
And show me where the door is
Let me at least stand outside in the rain
While you mock me
I'd rather that than be out here
Alone
Invisible
Silent
Take me with you when you go nowhere
Do nothing
Sit still
Let me follow you to the room full of white
Let me see you all together
Let me in
Let me in
Let me in.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I still consider unmetered, unrhyming verse a copout.
PPS - It's quick and honest, though.

No comments: