Sunday 2 January 2005

The Sunday Mok - Bound and Rebound

Last Sunday, both church services were quiet. It seems that everyone's away right now. Bad Eggs has started to grow on me, after another viewing on Sunday night. I believe that's the fourth time I've seen that movie.
On Monday I saw The Incredibles and I invited just about everyone I knew via SMS, which probably cost me about as much as the movie ticket, in the end. One invited person came along and brought two other people, so that's probably the last time in ages that I try that.
I spent Tuesday mostly just reading and playing City of Heroes. We went to a family friend's place for dinner, and that's when I was invited to Rainbow Beach.
Wednesday was uneventful - reading, games, television, DVDs. All the really exciting stuff a hermit can do.
Thursday morning I left for Rainbow Beach and met the team, including New Girl, Vicki. By evening I was certain she was interested in me.
Friday morning Vicki was acting a little more distant. This led me to give her my number before I left, instead of asking for hers. I'm a little confused. I went to two New Year's Eve parties that were very different. I left one that comprised about nine laid-back people and arrived at the other in the middle of a rowdy, thirty-person game of Pass The Parcel.
Saturday after staying up to watch the first sunrise of the new year (as is my personal tradition) I slept in until 4pm. Not kidding. The rest of the day I played City of Heroes.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It'll be at least a week before I get to see Vicki again.
PPS - And, of course, I can't call her.

No comments: