Sunday 30 January 2005

The Sunday Mok - Tension and Stuff

Last Sunday was a standard-issue day. Nothing overly remarkable about it. Two church services plus supper at The Coffee Club.
On Monday I found that the upstairs vending machine at work rejected my five dollar note every time. I have yet to try with a different five to see if the fault is in the machine or not. I think it's the machine. I also had a meeting for the church April Fair, during which I got some good sketching done.
Tuesday was work, then karate, then Erin's housewarming. The housewarming was pretty much segregated into Christians and Others. We stayed upstairs on the deck and only rarely ventured downstairs in search of drink receptacles. Very few of them came upstairs to meet us, though, so I guess we're even.
Wednesday was Australia Day, so I had the day off work. I went to brunch at Simpson's Falls via a lift with Bronwyn, then lunch at the Uniting Church to see the renovations to the old halls. After that, I basically just lazed around and listened to the end of the Triple J Hottest 100.
By the end of Thursday I had the biggest tension knots in my shoulders that the world has ever seen. Painful. Played City of Heroes and watched Joan of Arcadia.
On Friday we started up our year 8 & 9 youth group again, sort of. Have you ever thrown a birthday party and nobody showed up? It was like that. Exactly like that - the planned program for the night was a birthday party for everyone.
Saturday I saw Closer by myself. It was good, though I did find some of the dialogue unnatural. Nobody is that honest with themselves. I also saw Vicki for the first time in a month and probably the last time ever.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Life sucks.
PPS - Again.

No comments: