Tuesday 8 March 2005

Green Plan

Last night I was among the privileged thousands to see Simple Plan and Green Day play at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. My ears are still ringing. I was shouting along with the best of them, showing total disregard for my own voice. That's the great thing about Green Day - for an hour or so, everyone's a rock star.

While the stage was being set between The Plan and The Day, a guy in a rabbit suit (drinking a beer) came out to keep the crowd warmed up. During the show itself there were enough explosions and stage effects to keep Jerry Bruckheimer satisfied, and enough music for everyone else, including many old classics and most of the American Idiot album.

Billie Joe kept moving his microphone stand down the front of the stage, and every time he left it for a second, a roadie would come and move it back. That amused me for a while.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - They found a few guys in the audience to play their instruments for a minute, too.
PPS - When Billie introduced the band members, he named himself "Asshole".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you were a big Green Day fan. Mind you, I have to ask what the go is with simple plan?

Good to see you enjoyed the concert though. How's the Matrix Online thing going?

John said...

I am a fan of punk and ska, so Simple Plan and Green Day fit the bill very nicely. At least we'll say this: I'm a big enough fan to pay just $62 to see them both. Simple Plan do appear to be a bunch whiners at first glance, but closer examination reveals that they are whiners who play good music.

I'm not allowed to post anything specific about The Matrix Online. Technically it's a risk even saying I'm in the beta.