Sunday 10 April 2005

The Sunday Mok - Concentrated Action

Last Sunday morning was the first time since the Easter play that I'd walked into church and seen the chairs moved back to their usual configuration. That was, somehow, a little sad for me. I caught a bus home, and I saw a bus that had collided with a ute just past my stop. I would have been on that bus if I'd left church a few minutes earlier.
Monday at work was just more of the daily routine. It's getting a little bit tedious, I suppose. I played City of Heroes in the evening and got to level 14 with my second character - she can fly properly now, rather than just hovering.
Tuesday I skipped karate to attend the final church fair meeting, which started rather early - 6pm. They ordered pizza and I couldn't recall hearing in advance that there would be food. More CoH in the evening.
I spent Wednesday mostly in design mode, so the amount of code I wrote was minimal. I'd like to hear concretely exactly what we want out of this Venture system. I felt stressed, and it's the kind of stress that doesn't go away just by relaxing.
Thursday was bits and pieces of everything. Work, phone calls, leaflet delivery (for the church fair) and signing up for Relay For Life.
Friday I knuckled down at work to get the broad strokes of Venture up and running, because we want it going by next week, even if it's basic. In the evening I went to Bronwyn's farewell party and got home about 02:30. It was good to see people again, since I'm way too slack to organise such a thing myself.
On Saturday I went to Supanova. The best bits were seeing Ray Park (AKA Darth Maul) and Fullmetal Alchemist, about to be released on DVD. I'll post a fuller report tomorrow.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Tired now.
PPS - Today promises to be as busy as yesterday.

No comments: