Sunday 22 May 2005

The Sunday Mok - 22 May 2005

Last Sunday I watched TV, slept and finished my Bible study work for the week. I went to the Ashgrove evening church service rather than the combined Pentecost service, partly to promote the service being put on by new band Contagious, now one week away.
Most of Monday at work was unproductive: I had to install some new software, which took all morning, then I had training in the afternoon. Bible study in the evening and more TV.
Tuesday at work I went to a presentation about computer-simulated physics for engineering applications. A sandwich lunch was provided, and I ate probably three times as much as I would usually eat for lunch, then nodded off during the presentation. For this reason, I think it would be better to serve the lunch after presentations.
Wednesday's big event was, obviously, the Revenge of the Sith midnight screening. The robe of my costume was only finished (by Bridgit - thankyou!) after we got inside the cinema. Most people were upset by the number of trailers and ads played before the movie. I got home around 3am.
I slept in until 09:00 on Thursday, went through the usual morning routine and missed the bus by one minute. In the afternoon, when I got to the bus stop, a hailstorm started, but let up by the time I got home, so I didn't need an umbrella at all.
Friday Dad announced he's re-marrying. He told us by saying "You might like to know: [Beth] and I picked up an engagement ring tonight. So ... I guess we're officially engaged." He's a funny one sometimes. We took the youth group kids to play pool at QMasters. Matt is an absolute star at that game.
I went for a run on Saturday morning with my 1kg weights and just kept to a maintainable pace. I watched Starship Troopers 2, which is basically a sci-fi slasher flick. Went to Miv's for dinner and saw Star Wars again with him, Julia, Rory, Julie, Rich, Lyd and Adam.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I only picked up a couple of things in the second screening that I missed in the first.
PPS - I found I kept focusing on the costumes most of the time.

No comments: