Sunday 24 July 2005

The Sunday Mok - Flame On

Last Sunday we stayed for lunch after church and I spoke to a few people on such a superficial level that I have to conclude that I have only acquaintances there, not friends. Sleep in the afternoon, then the second Contagious-led service in the evening.
On Monday, I was supposed to run some tests on Homer, our safety management software, but I ran into some problems that took a while to fix. I had to send the test participants away for a while. It didn't look good or instill confidence.
Tuesday was my family birthday dinner, and we had planned to go to a Chinese restaurant I noticed at Arana Hills, but they're closed on Tuesdays. We went across the street to a deserted Chinese place instead, which was quite nice.
By Wednesday I had finished off Homer to my satisfaction and just amused myself for the afternoon on projects semi-related to work. FISH in the evening was, I believe, the first actual study meeting of that group that I've been to.
Thursday at work was mostly taken up with a long presentation from industrial network and computer equipment manufacturer Honeywell. I'm not linking to their website because it tried to open a pop-up. I had dinner with Sam, Mia and Debbie, then a youth group meeting, all before I got home from work, so it felt like a really long day.
Friday we saw Fantastic Four. It didn't strike me as a brilliant movie at the time, just good. I think my issue is that only The Thing had any character development to speak of.
On Saturday I went to the office to fix a server. I'm glad to have it done now, especially since it was my fault it went funny in the first place. Sleep in the afternoon, then Kym's 24th in the evening. I spent most of the party playing pool or listening to conversations. I had fun.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - After I said goodbye, I had to return for my cooler.
PPS - I really have had a good week.

No comments: