Sunday 14 August 2005

The Sunday Mok - Typhoid Mary

Last Sunday Dad stayed home from church, so I drove myself. In the afternoon I did several Bible study readings to catch up. I sang in the evening service, and the sound guys kept telling me "louder" while MJ on the keyboard said that it "sounds forced, pull back". I was getting kind of frustrated, because I never asked to sing in the first place, way back when.
On Monday I started getting to grips with the program I'll be using and maintaining for the next little while, the Multi-purpose Configuration Database, or MCDB. That basically describes my whole working week, through various activities.
Tuesday after work, karate and dinner, I went over to Debbie's and got sick. Sickness was definitely not part of the plan.
On Wednesday I was trying to stave off the sickness with vitamin C, but I could feel that it had a good foothold already. We had the first of our 40 Days of Purpose small group meetings that mostly rehashed material from the daily readings.
Thursday I intended to have an early night to help get rid of this head cold. That never quite happened. I skipped dinner.
By Friday I was just too sick to make it to work, so I stayed home to rest. I watched a few movies and some TV and slept.
Saturday was much the same as Friday turned out to be, except that I started a Task Force in City of Heroes. Because of the long time investment required, I've never managed to finish a Task Force mission set, and I didn't finish this one either.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The remnant of my sickness is now a sore throat.
PPS - And low energy reserves.

No comments: