Tuesday 29 November 2005

Carry your things in a guitar case

Carry your things in a guitar case. Not a guitar, because that would be too obvious. Things like books, files and your lunch. If someone asks if you have a guitar in there, you can say in a really sarcastic tone "No, I keep my books in here, as well as my lunch". They'll probably laugh until you open the case and show them. Then it'll be your turn to laugh as they back away awkwardly.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Life can be fun, if you let it.
PPS - I know a great many jokes are aided by having a wooden leg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the grocery purchasing travel? It's usually an amusing story when someone other than the primary purchaser is sent to the dreaded 'Coles'!

John said...

Well, believe it or not, I've done the shopping before. I'm pretty sure I did forget a couple of things, and it came out a bit more expensive than I'd expect for two people, but for the most part, everything went smoothly. I think we'll be set for a little while.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the first time I did the household shopping, though it was undoubtedly interesting. Just imagine me scooting up and down the lanes, occasionally pushing off and lifting my feet up to glide along on the trolley (I do that rather often) and throw in several trips back and forth across the floor to search for things I'd apparently missed. That's probably an accurate enough picture.