Sunday 18 December 2005

The Sunday Mok - Eight Point Four Seconds

Last Sunday was day one of Youthworx 2005, and I did feel a little bit old. Many of the campers had just finished grade 10, and many more were just a few years younger than me. This year, however, I was not the second-oldest there.
Monday, day 2, was when I got just a tiny bit sunburnt - not too serious, though. Not enough to cause pain, at least. I was glad to have David, son of Gwen, in my study group - he was excellent for keeping discussion rolling, even if it did get off course a few times.
Tuesday we headed into Byron for shopping in the morning, then watched Madagascar in the evening back at the campsite. There's not too much to tell about these Youthworx days - they're very relaxing.
On Wednesday evening we had the traditional Youthworx worship service, including a moving testimony from Michelle. I didn't stay long at the after-service bonfire, because I needed a little sleep.
We saw the new King Kong on Thursday. If I can sway your opinion in any way, please do not see this movie. You will never get those three hours back. See the original instead, even if you just laugh at the stop-motion animation.
On Friday morning I hurt my knee on a skimboard. It's tragic indeed, but I think I'll get over it. We came home to rain, then disc 2 of Buffy season 5, which includes one of my favourite episodes, Fool For Love, all about Spike.
Saturday was once again a normal Saturday apart from the doctor's appointment in the morning. Buffy in the afternoon, and a freak hailstorm that lasted only about five minutes, but knocked out the power for four hours.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm writing this from church before we start rehearsal.
PPS - That would be much harder if I were singing rather than on the PC.

No comments: