Tuesday 17 January 2006

Just Kidding

I need people to know that sometimes I can't tell if they're joking. Brad told me someone wanted to take my desk on Boundary Street. He was kidding and I didn't know. Bronwyn showed me some shoes she said she was considering to buy. She was kidding and I didn't know. Various evil intents and actions are often ascribed to me and were palmed off on my evil twin, Lucas. I just don't know if everyone is joking. You'd think someone who makes people laugh would be able to tell rather easily what's a joke and what's serious. Unfotunately, a lot of the time it just goes over my head when you kid with me and run a really long way with a gag. Even a short way and I can get lost. I usually have an inkling that something might be wrong, but I also get that inkling at times when someone is actually serious, so it's not a reliable indicator. It also seems that people don't know exactly when to take me seriously (not very often).

The point is this: if everyone could just wear big neon signs over their heads that say "kidding", and switch them on when they're not being serious, that'd help me a lot.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - There are probably other ways.
PPS - For now, I'm going to stick with my neon sign suggestion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, just what the world needs, another mindless PAIN IN THE A$$ stupid automated spam bot thingie!

Not that I have anything resembling a MAJOR issue with spam and the like.

Good to see you removed the link the apropros of nothing link. Kind of frustrating checking it week in week out hoping for something interesting, and continuing to be let down.

John said...

(Spambot post removed)

Yeah, Apropos of Something was one of my favourite blogs for a while, just because Jess seems to be a high-quality writer. But we've been waiting for a new post now for, what, three months? I do wonder where Jess has got to (Abducted by aliens? Busy with work? Had a child? Dead?) but I think I'll stop checking now. Hope you're well, Jess, wherever you are.