Monday 16 January 2006

Pointless Endeavour

I've decided I don't like mowing the lawn. There are many possible explanations for this - the most likely being that it's a bit of hard work in the sun that has to be redone every couple of weeks. I also have a character that appreciates things primarily if they are improving. Somehow that doesn't include mowing. While I realise that mowing makes the lawn better, it gets worse again, and mowing will never improve it beyond a well-mowed state.

So my problem is: what do I do about it? I've thought of a few options, and the most appealing to me at the moment is to purchase some kind of robot to take care of everything. I suppose I could also buy a sheep or two, but I think the robot would work a little more consistently.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - An army of robot slaves is certainly an idea that appeals to me.
PPS - Perhaps that's my evil genius side talking.

1 comment:

Pstonie said...

I have the same thing about having my hair cut. I've thought of just giving it a one length cut so that I can do it myself every week, but unless I'm going to be writing rap lyrics on my palm on the bus, it's not gonna look that great.

When I used to mow the lawn at my parents' house I saw it as the only way to get physical exercise. Admittedly, it wasn't fun in the summertime. Where I live now, we have garden services.