Sunday 28 May 2006

The Sunday Mok - A camera of our own

Sunday - I was still in Adelaide, and we had to start early to get to the airport in time to catch our flight back to Brisbane. I listened to stand-up comedy again during the flight. I slept in the afternoon, and spoke very briefly about the Adelaide conference in the evening church service.
Monday - I worked all day on appraisal database security and ran into an old friend at the bus stop. In the evening at bible study, we talked about spiritual gifts and Erin handed me a copy of The Barbarian Way. She tells me she bought about five copies to hand out.
Tuesday - I couldn't focus at work, and it was only when I got home that I figured out that I was coming down from the conference high. I had dinner at Deb's, then spent an hour gathering info to place an order for RAM for Jenny and Trevor. After I got what I needed, I watched some Stargate SG-1 with Deb. I skipped karate.
Wednesday - A really cold morning, and I don't need to tell that to anyone who lives in Brisbane. More appraisal database security work, then the bus was about an hour late. After dinner at Deb's with several guests, we went to watch the State of Origin game 1 at Stu's.
Thursday - I found out why the appraisal database is upsetting our regional manager so much. I've been told it's not really my fault, but since I'm part of the project, it's tough to believe. I picked up and installed the RAM for Jenny and Trevor in the evening.
Friday - I caught the late bus into work, just because the week had been wearying so far. I haven't played City of Heroes all week, which usually means I've had no personal time at all. Youth group was cancelled in the evening, so Deb and I went to see X-Men: The Last Stand and ran into Miv and Julia there, which was cool. The movie didn't have much plot to speak of.
Saturday - After feeding Meg at her insistence at 06:00, I went back to sleep until 09:30. I watched some recorded TV in the morning and then picked up Deb to go to Indooroopilly to buy a digital camera. We wound up with a Kodak Easyshare V530, which seems pretty good so far. We watched some more Stargate in the afternoon, then went to Bridgit's for dinner.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Our internet connection may have been speed-limited.
PPS - Then again, my router is blocking a large number of incoming connection attempts.

No comments: