Sunday 7 May 2006

The Sunday Mok - Krappenfest

Sunday - I was handing out bulletins at church in the morning. I was meant to be on the previous Sunday too, but I forgot. Deb and I did some grocery shopping, then I spent the afternoon alone sleeping and playing City of Heroes. After the evening church service, several of us went to Erin's to watch The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on DVD.
Monday - Because it was a public holiday, I slept in and then caught up on Big Brother. After dinner I went to Deb's, where we watched Stargate SG-1 and talked about our upcoming Tasmania trip.
Tuesday - I overslept in the morning, so skipped breakfast in order to make it to work on time. During the day it felt like interruptions were constant, so it was hard to focus. Karate in the evening was good - all about basic techniques.
Wednesday - I worked on the appraisal database all day, finishing off the initial security code, then started on some changes. I started reading a book by 37signals about leaner, simpler, lightweight programming. I ate dinner at Deb's, followed by more Stargate.
Thursday - I spent all day working on the appraisals database except for a presentation after lunch. Because Dad & Beth are away, I had dinner at my place with Deb, followed by Stargate and a brief chat about our Tasmania trip.
Friday - We had a section meeting about consolidating the company data stores that deal with employee information. Right now there's no really good authoritative source that we can access. Youth group in the evening was a separate boys/girls event. We boys stayed up in the auditorium playing games while the girls did whatever girls do.
Saturday - I slept in until 09:30, which is 3.5 hours, according to my regular get-up time. I was at Deb's from lunchtime until late, and that time included booking our flights to Tasmania and picking up Rachel from the domestic airport. We watched four Stargate episodes in the evening, then talked for a while.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The post title is a reference to the big rubbish pickup going on now.
PPS - Some of it is being picked up and taken back inside other houses.

No comments: