Monday 19 June 2006

The Simple Life (not Paris)

I am frequently accused of being lazy when I mention ways in which the world could be easier to use. I'm not talking about the total elimination of effort - that would leave me sitting as a passive blob with a feeding tube down my throat. I'm talking about the elimination of unnecessary effort. Am I lazy because the mail is delivered to my house rather than stopping at the post office? I'd say not. So why am I lazy if I want to use my computer to eliminate boring, repetitive and pointless tasks such as remembering email addresses?

This is what I do for a living. I make tasks easier for humans by involving computers. That's the way it's supposed to go, anyway. The point is that task simplification is the essence of my day-to-day goals, so it's what I think about a lot of the time.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The ideas I spout are usually the ones I can't enact myself.
PPS - The other ones are well under control.

No comments: