Sunday 16 July 2006

The Sunday Mok - Full

Sunday - I handed out the bulletins before the morning church service. It's a skill job. Deb and I had lunch at Dad & Beth's, then went to Bardon to book a restaurant for a family birthday dinner. The evening church service was the national assembly of the Uniting Church at Brisbane City Hall.
Monday - The birthday. The day at work was ordinary, except for an automatic text-to-speech phone message that I received wishing me happy birthday. It was from me, and I forgot that I set it up, so it was a surprise when it happened. Family dinner in the evening at Bardon Oriental. It was too big for the 8 of us to finish off.
Tuesday - Work felt hectic and stressful. There were too many things going on, and they were all top priority. I had to skip karate in the evening to get to a youth group planning meeting at Erin's place. We planned out the next term in full, which was good.
Wednesday - We began a "development freeze" on our performance appraisal database by adding a new feature. That's not how it's meant to go. I had dinner at Deb's and we watched three episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise. When I got home, I found that my habit of recording television on my PC and not watching it had finally filled my hard drive completely up.
Thursday - I spent the morning cramming for my exam in the afternoon, which I passed with flying colours. Not bad for a morning's work. Dinner at Dad & Beth's in the evening, and we left a little earlier than usual because Ug wasn't feeling well.
Friday - I had to update our bug tracking software to a new version, because the old one didn't quite function as advertised. Youth group in the evening was combined with a welcome dinner for an Alpha course the church is running. Most of the boys at my table got bored.
Saturday - A very long training day for an Emmaus weekend coming up in mid-August. I got up at 6am and got home again at 10:30pm.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - My schedule is full, my hard drive is full, my brain is full.
PPS - I should do some spring cleaning.

No comments: