Sunday 2 July 2006

The Sunday Mok - The Trip

Sunday - After church in the morning, I ate lunch at Deb's, then counted out my money box in which I have been storing 5 cent coins for many years. We watched Stargate SG-1 at my place in the afternoon.
Monday - My time off work started, and I took the chance to pack my bags for Tasmania. Deb and I drove out to Brookside to shop for a few travelling essentials, too. Bible study in the evening wrapped up our series on ministry.
Tuesday - We flew to Hobart via Virgin, hired our car and drove to Woolmers Inn. We did make a few wrong turns, and this pattern of navigational mishaps was a common theme of the trip. We ate at the relatively local Ball & Chain Grill for dinner.
Wednesday - We slept in, thanks to late sunrise and electric blankets. We wandered around the museum and art gallery, then headed to the maritime museum. We browsed shops around Salamanca Place until evening when we took a ghost tour around the city. We saw no ghosts.
Thursday - We drove out to the Zoodoo Fun Park, which was more like a farm, really. I took many photos of monkeys. After we were done at the zoo, we drove to the Port Arthur Historic Site, arriving just in time for a twilight pass and an hour of daylight.
Friday - We took a double-decker bus to take the Cadbury chocolate factory tour, but saw no Oompa-Loompas. In the afternoon, we wandered around the botanical gardens. After the sun went down, we watched movies at the Inn.
Saturday - We browsed the Salamanca Markets and took a short cruise up the Derwent River. We also watched my first episode of Iron Chef.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The only penguins we saw were on the river cruise.
PPS - And they only surfaced for a moment.

No comments: