Sunday 20 August 2006

The Sunday Mok - Lazy Days

Sunday - I woke to that new mattress smell and a feeling that perhaps my pillows are too thin. From the sag of my old mattress, I'm used to my head being higher. After church in the morning, I spent the afternoon at Deb's place for a change. We watched Family Guy and finished Angel season 4.
Monday - I worked most of the day just ad-hoc testing the performance appraisal system to prepare for a demonstration. Alpha in the evening was all about prayer, and the topic of a prayer journal kept coming up.
Tuesday - I updated the live version of the performance appraisal database and started downloading bits of Django as an alternative to Ruby on Rails or our current .NET setup. Karate in the evening was allegedly a hard workout. I didn't feel it as such.
Wednesday - People's Day at the Ekka. I got there around 10:00 and wandered around with Deb and Mia, then worked at the church food stall from 14:30 to 20:30. It was my first experience in food retail, and it would take me some significant extra time to get truly used to it.
Thursday - I had the day off work thanks to some forward planning. I used the day in such boring ways as doing household chores. I also played some City of Heroes which was good. Dinner at Dad & Beth's in the evening included discussion on farming and politics.
Friday - A slow day at work, including a meeting about our proposed process improvements. I investigated Django some more by implementing a database I've been considering to help manage the church youth group. I didn't finish it. Dinner at Bridgit's with the church crew, after which we watched School of Rock. It was fun.
Saturday - Just a day of lazing about at home. The first disc of Stargate Atlantis arrived in the mail on Friday, so Deb and I watched it all, including the slightly amusing behind-the-scenes feature. Youth group was on Saturday instead of Friday because we went out to Chermside Uniting Church for an event called Contact. It was basically a youth-oriented church service.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Blogger was finally able to switch me to the new interface.
PPS - It looks very similar so far.

No comments: