Sunday 10 September 2006

The Sunday Mok - The horrors of Rocky

Sunday - After the morning church service, I had my Dad & Beth around for lunch as a Father's Day event. In the afternoon I went to Deb's place and we watched Angel, which finally included the much-hyped episode Smile Time.
Monday - All this week at work I've just been bug-hunting in the performance appraisal database. It's good work, but I worry that I'm spending too much time on it. After Alpha in the evening, Deb and I watched one more Angel episode before I drove her home.
Tuesday - I started reading The Screwtape Letters on the bus and had a good workout at karate in the evening. For dinner, my brother and I had pizza as we watched one episode of Star Trek Enterprise. It was his birthday.
Wednesday - I spent half of my lunchtime on an automatic blog posting program that will (in theory) let me set up future posts and have them automatically published when I'm off the network for long periods. Dinner at Deb's followed by three Angel episodes and chatting.
Thursday - Dinner at Dad & Beth's had a significantly reduced attendance due to new work shifts and other sibling commitments. Deb and I watched yet more Angel and chatted some more about what we've been reading lately.
Friday - For youth group in the evening we went indoor rock climbing. The kids were all pros, because they have a climbing facility at school. It's not as tall as the one we went to, though. Following that, I dropped in on a welcome home party for Glenys which was themed after the Rocky Horror Picture Show. During the Time Warp, I felt like I was having a series of aneurisms. Still, it was good to see everyone again.
Saturday - This was the episode of The Mokalus Show where he thought he would be in a zombie movie, then it turns out they're full. Besides that disappointment, I spent a little more time on the Gold Coast and had dinner with Dad, Deb and Rani at a little Italian restaurant.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Attempts at consoling me about the movie feel a bit patronising.
PPS - After all, I've got nothing less now than I did before.

2 comments:

Beard said...

besides money, you spent money on petrol. therefore you have less money.. and petrol. when i see you i will console you on your loss of petrol.

John said...

Cheers, Tim, that's true. But have you noticed that petrol is coming down just recently? I saw 114.9c this morning, and it was down as low as 111.9c on the coast.