Wednesday 13 September 2006

Upgrading

I love making things better. It's a pleasure second only to raw creation in this world. The problem is that the world is flawed, so that each new solution brings another problem. Every answer begs another question. So you can never get it totally right. You can't cover a square with a circle of the same area. When you move it, another bit of the square pokes out. The game is to decide where it fits best and get it there.

I'm currently in a game of perpetual improvement with a project here at work. I could take forever and make it a little bit better every day, but then it will be tremendously complex. It would also leave the client a bit peeved that it's never finished. So I have to strike a balance between features and time.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It would help to have another person working on the program.
PPS - Right now my only help is someone else filing bugs.

No comments: