Thursday 28 December 2006

Yahtzee and algorithmic intelligence

I've played a bit of Yahtzee over the past couple of days. I keep getting distracted by calculating odds and average scores. Basically I'm informally designing an algorithm that a computer could use to play. I realise it must have been done before many times, but that's no fun for me. I think I've settled on calculating an "expected score" for each square and maximising the total score at each turn.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Yes, I realise this reinforces my nerd status.
PPS - Try not to judge me too harshly.

1 comment:

Aris said...

You can download my version of Yahtzee (free) from my blog (link below).
I call it Aris Yamb 2.0
Give it a try if you like (virus free), thanks.

http://detonia.blogspot.com/
P.S. the blog is in greek, BUT the game is in english.