Monday 12 March 2007

Good Morning Zombie!

I get up alone, eat breakfast alone and travel to work reading or listening to music, so the first words I speak in a typical day are at work. Traditionally, that would make my first words "Morning!" or "Good morning!". Some kind of early-day greeting, at least. However, it seems that I lose the ability to speak during the night and must re-learn how to make sounds every day. If you surprise me around a corner with a stealthy "good morning", you're likely to catch me off guard. At that point, you'll be greeted by a sound like a zombie trying to puzzle out a calculus problem. It's kind of like "ah-wah". Imagine trying to say "morning", "hey", "hi", "oh" and "what?" all at the same time. The main problem is that it's usually out of my mouth before I have control, and my feet decide that a hasty retreat is the best follow-up option, so I'm not around to take a second crack at it.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I guess this situation will only last about two more months.
PPS - That's assuming Deb is awake in the mornings to share breakfast.

No comments: