Thursday 22 March 2007

Hot Fuzz

Last night about six of us went to see Hot Fuzz, and I loved it. The humour was right up my alley (except for some of the violent humour), the acting was decent and the editing was spot on.

The whole movie plays with energy (thanks to the hyperactive editing) and the climactic end scene feels like it's straight out of Time Crisis. The references to other movies were probably everywhere, but I only noticed the obligatory Shaun of the Dead nod and what may have been a veiled Demolition Man reference: the swear box.

The three criticisms I have are that the gore was a bit overdone at times, the persistent foul language and the difficulty I had in deciphering some of the plot. Overall, though, the laughs were hearty and the action intense. I give it a solid "yarp".

Mokalus of Borg

PS - There were also very obvious Point Break and Bad Boys II references.
PPS - Given that those actual DVDs appeared, that's not surprising.

1 comment: