Thursday 3 May 2007

Bringing work home

I don't like doing my job at home, so it was a while ago that I stopped programming for fun outside business hours. The same is reportedly true in other professions: janitors have dirty homes, chefs eat out. How many professions does this extend to? Do doctors resent having to handle their children's cuts and bruises? Are accountants' personal finances all out of order? Do professional counsellors have no patience and care for their friends and family? I wouldn't know, but I'd be interested to find out.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Taxi drivers would have a bad time if this is true.
PPS - And renovators.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been known to have a shorter temper at home when dealing with organisation and logistics.

I try to be more patient, but at times I feel my tolerance is completely exhausted dealing with colleagues and clients. That and I tend to expect more from those around me personally.

Sorry to anyone who ever cops any of that! It's just that you are all generally better people than those I have to work with!