Sunday 6 May 2007

The Sunday Mok - They Called Me Buck

Sunday - I had lunch at Deb's after the morning church service, then we went out to buy a mattress. We found a good one for 15% off. I sang up front for the evening church service and Erin, Bridgit, Deb and I had supper at McDonald's.
Monday - Work was quiet as I tried to work myself out of the support loop a bit more. I'm not looking to make a career out of keeping bad code running, so I write better code to replace it and automate some support activities. Deb and I played Mario mini-games in the evening.
Tuesday - I skipped karate in the evening to take Deb and Mia to a meeting at the church. I wasn't feeling like training anyway, though I realise that's no excuse. After the meeting we watched the final Dancing With the Stars.
Wednesday - Deb and I got curry for dinner, then read about 1.5 chapters of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to each other.
Thursday - The workers came to polish the master bedroom floor after I'd gone to work. I bought Monopoly / Boggle / Yahtzee / Battleship for the DS at lunchtime and was disappointed that it didn't allow download play for Yahtzee or Monopoly.
Friday - After work, it was still light and I had some time before dinner, so I went for a jog. We had dinner with Deb, Mia, Linda, Mal, Dad and Beth to run down a final week checklist for wedding preparations. Deb, Mia and I played Nintendo DS games for the rest of the evening.
Saturday - The bachelor party. Briefly, 8 of us went go-karting, indoor rock climbing and bowling, played video games and watched Bad Taste, all thanks to my best man, Miv. By the time we got to the movie, it pretty much cleared the room. It was a senseless gore-and-gross-fest with a few funny bits. I thoroughly enjoyed myself all day.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I wouldn't mind going indoor rock climbing a bit more often.
PPS - My forearms might disagree initially.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the rock climbing was a popular excursion and as such we should be organising other trips in the near future.

I do have to agree with your wrists though on behalf of my hands; I spend the last two days feeling like they had been crushed! Good thing I'm a sucker for punishment!

Hope the final run in week goes smoothly for you! Enjoy the 'One Day Week"!