Sunday 3 June 2007

The Sunday Mok - Return to work

Sunday - Deb and I packed up and drove home from our Noosa honeymoon to a house full of presents. It seems like ages ago. We had lunch with Sam and Mia to catch up, then spent the afternoon opening and recording the wedding gifts. We attended the all-churches service in the evening and went to supper at the Coffee Club afterwards.
Monday - I had Monday as a holiday too, so I got unpacked and we assembled our Ikea side tables together. After lunch and grocery shopping, we sorted through the Tupperware cupboard to see what we could keep and what should be given away for the sake of space.
Tuesday - I returned to work and 200 emails, which I managed to go through by 10:30. I also went back to karate in the evening and felt a bit unfit and a bit out of practice.
Wednesday - I investigated some timesheet issues during the day and did some server maintenance too. In the evening Deb and I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End at the Gold Class cinemas at Indooroopilly.
Thursday - After work on the bus ride home I started listening to Escape Pod science fiction podcast stories. I like what I've heard so far. I tidied the study downstairs, though the full bin meant I couldn't throw much out yet.
Friday - I went to a dinner at the church run by Deb, Mia and Aleta to tell the church about their Philippines trip. Following that, we went to Tim Beavis' 21st. We had to leave after the speeches due to tiredness.
Saturday - We picked up our wedding photos in the morning, then went shopping at Indooroopilly until about lunchtime. I went to a poetry workshop with Cameron Semmens in the afternoon, then to a barbeque in the evening to catch up with Michael who's been living in the UK for a few years.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It was good to catch up with everyone last night.
PPS - I'd forgotten how much laughter can be produced by adding Michael to a room.

No comments: