Sunday 1 July 2007

The Sunday Mok - An anti-social head cold

Sunday - There was a combined church service at the Uniting church, comprising the morning and evening congregations. It also included breakfast. Deb and I caught up waith Mal and Mia in the afternoon then watched two movies: Employee of the Month and Music and Lyrics. We went to the Coffee Club in the evening and invited the rest of the regulars, but only Stu showed.
Monday - I think I generated as many new tasks during the work day as I finished. Deb had done most of the work of assembling our new bed frame during the day and I helped until we got stuck. Mal came over to help us out. We read some Harry Potter before going to sleep.
Tuesday - I've been waking up before the sun, and it's depressingly dark. To make it worse, I come home in the dark too and don't often get outside at lunchtime. I went reluctantly to karate, then Deb and I had dinner with Mal, Murrae, Tracey, Scott and Michelle.
Wednesday - I've been listening to Cory Doctorow podcast his long-titled novella in progress There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow/Now is the Best Time of Your Life. So far, I like it. Deb came to the city and we caught the bus home together. In the evening we cooked a spicy corn chowder and watched two Star Trek Enterprise episodes.
Thursday - I heard back from a recent job interview and they didn't want me. I think it upset Deb more than me. Family dinner in the evening and more Star Trek, then late to bed.
Friday - I deliberately slept in until 06:30 and had breakfast at work. It was nice to get up in daylight for a change. At night we went out with some of Deb's friends from her Philippines trip and saw Blades of Glory which I enjoyed. We happened to bump into Murrae and Tracey at the cinema too.
Saturday - I was sick all day and just stayed home while Deb spent more time with her trip friends. I had a fever in the afternoon and went to bed at about 17:15, though I didn't sleep soundly that whole time.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm still sick this morning.
PPS - But better than yesterday.

No comments: