Thursday 16 August 2007

Offline

Having finally moved Anthony's computer downstairs, Deb and I are now left without an internet connection upstairs. I've called in the relevant service providers, but it will still be at least four more working days before we're hooked up. This could mean some disruption to my usual activities, including The Sunday Mok. Please bear with me on that.

Now the observation of the day is this: I have a feeling that there will come a day when your internet connection is as easy to set up as electricity when you move into a new house. In other words, you won't even have to think about it, because it's just a given. Plug in and go (or maybe your wireless connection follows you everywhere). But, at the same time, I realise that such a thing will take a little time to materialise. There are a few political changes that would have to take place before data communications are as ubiquitous and assumed as electricity.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - We are moving in that direction, though.
PPS - Give it time.

No comments: