Wednesday 8 August 2007

Space Invader vandalised?

A little while ago, I put some thumb tacks on my cubicle wall in the shape of a Space Invader. I thought it was moderately cool, but nothing too special. I took a photo, too. Last week while I was away sick, two of the tacks disappeared. I wasn't sure if it was deliberate or not - they could easily have been brushed off or just fallen. Then I thought of something: the two missing tacks formed one of the Invader's antennae. From one point of view, this could be seen as an equivalent prank to shaving off one of a person's eyebrows while they sleep.

Now the question is this: do I replace them, pretending nothing has happened, or do I "shave" off the other antenna and slowly "grow" them back over a week or two to see if anyone chuckles as they walk past?

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I haven't decided yet.
PPS - And it seems unlikely the "prank" is deliberate.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Unfortunately, I don't think that the people at your work are really quite creative enough to get that kind of humour. Or create it.

John said...

Yeah, come to think of it, very few people would (a) notice or (b) care that the tacks were gone or that they came back.