Wednesday 24 October 2007

Sunday Mok to be suspended

For a variety of reasons I've decided to stop posting my usual Sunday rundowns of my previous week.

Three years ago, my reasons for starting up the Sunday Mok posts were to keep my friends up to date with my life and for added content. Well, with all the little things I post there, "keeping up to date" is a bit of an understatement. It's a bit too close-up in that sense. Also, "my" life is now "our" life - Deb and me - and it's getting more difficult to separate what bits are mine to share and what is private to us. As for added content, well, if you want to hear about me going to work, watching TV and playing games, give me a call and we'll chat. And finally, I started posting from my journal as a character development exercise - I wanted to be a more open person. I think that goal is accomplished, so from my side it has served its purpose.
Of course I'll still be posting on weekdays about tech in the news, the future or whatever else takes my fancy, so the blog is still going, but I'll be averaging six posts per week instead of seven from now on.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I may use the extra time in my life to write other things.
PPS - Or I might just sleep in on Sundays.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

That makes me sad. I love the Sunday Mok. Even though I see you at least once, and often twice weekly, and I can ask you how your week has been ... I don't know. The Sunday Mok has had a special place in my life.

It's the end of an era. :)

John said...

I hadn't expected to upset anyone very much with this decision, but it's good to hear that you were enjoying it.

Who knows? Maybe it will return one day in a different format or with a different focus.