Monday 25 February 2008

DNA evidence

Criminals on CSI Miami seem very willing to confess based on the assertion of genetic evidence. Mind you, I am basing this on only one episode, but the exchange at the end went something like this:

"It got too slippery for Jimmy on your boat, didn't it?"
"He was never on my boat."
"We found his DNA there."
"Oh, that. Yeah, I found him in the water, then killed him because he wouldn't give my drugs back."

He must have been kicking himself later that it never occurred to him to say "I don't know what you're talking about".

Mokalus of Borg

PS - This may also apply to other flavours of CSI.
PPS - I wouldn't know personally.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Yeah, but then if there is DNA evidence, you are much less credible, because DNA is almost incontrovertible

Mind you, if you'd owned up in the first place, you might be more credible altogether.

John said...

That's true, but DNA on the boat doesn't prove that you were there when the DNA was left. That was my main point.