Monday 24 March 2008

Public Holidays

Greetings from the other side of Easter! I promise to get back to my regular blogging schedule of approximately 8am on weekdays after the extra-long weekend is over.

I enjoy a day off work now and then, and the beginning of the year is great for that. There's a long weekend almost every month up to June or something. I haven't checked in detail, but that's how it seems. The other half of the year, by comparison, is a hard task master. We get one public holiday - People's Day. Doesn't seem quite fair. Oh well. I've heard elsewhere that Australia has the highest number of public holidays in the world, so I shouldn't complain that they're all packed down one end of the year.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Maybe some day in the future we'll have more.
PPS - But some will be taken away in the meantime, I'm sure.

No comments: