Friday 30 May 2008

GMail contact synchronising

I'd like to have my GMail contacts synchronise with my Outlook contacts, with the goal of keeping all my data up to date and providing a backup of my phone contact list (which also syncs with Outlook). The caveat I would like to attach, however, is that any contact that is just an email address - especially if it doesn't have a human name attached to it - should stay in the GMail address book and not be copied over. I can live with email-only contacts in my Outlook address book, I suppose, but I have no use for them in my phone. I also need a chance to match entries together before they are duplicated for me. I don't want every "Dave/David" and "Pete/Peter" repeated in every address book.



Mokalus of Borg

PS - Apple recently introduced GMail address book sync to the Mac OS X address book.
PPS - But only if you own an iPhone, or know the work around.

No comments: