Thursday 22 May 2008

My rambling morning

The goal this morning was to sleep in for a little while and have breakfast at work. I took a bit too long with the remnants of my morning routine and had to rush to the bus. Now, I have three options to pay my way on the bus: a pre paid card, cash or my emergency bus fare that I keep in a separate part of my wallet. All three failed me this morning, so I had to turn around and come home again. My bus ticket was still in my shirt pocket from yesterday, I was carrying no cash and my emergency bus fare had been used long ago and not replaced. I guess every system can fail.

Usually I make sure I keep my bus ticket in my wallet by closing and not fastening the wallet. This is a signal to me that there is something to put back in. Last night, however, I used my wallet again before I put the ticket back in, so the signal was not received. When I got home I replaced my emergency bus fare and picked up my ticket.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - And I had a bug triage meeting immediately upon entering the office.
PPS - It's going to be one of those days.

No comments: