Wednesday 25 June 2008

Voice mail lock-up

Why can't I check my mobile voice mail online? I should at least be able to log on to the phone company's proprietary website and delete old messages manually. I would even be happy to have the messages forwarded to my email account as sound file attachments. The reason this is not the case is that my phone company can charge me to check my voice mail as long as they keep it locked up.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - This is what non-neutral networks do.
PPS - And customer lock-in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it on Three, download it as an MP3 through the webmail system, and also have your emails read to you in the voicemail system

John said...

Is that on My3.com.au? It never seems to have all the features for me. Maybe I should call them about that.