Monday 14 July 2008

Bales of grass

One thing I saw everywhere in South Dakota was round bales of hay in fields. It got me to thinking that it would be cool to have my lawnmower at home bale up the grass as I go.

As I mow, when the baler gets full, I can just crank a lever to drop the bale and continue on. Later, when I'm done, I can go around and pick up the bales to put in the bin - no plastic bags necessary. Also the time for the whole job should be slightly shorter.

One disadvantage that leaps to mind is that a bale-making lawnmower would be a more complex machine than a traditional mower, and would be more likely as a result to break down.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It would probably be more expensive too.
PPS - I still want one.

2 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I'd love to see miniature bales of grass laid out on your lawn as I drive past.

Maybe with a miniature sheep. And a midgit cowboy.

John said...

I may be able to find some little plastic farm animals, but I'm not sure how long they'd last.