Tuesday 22 July 2008

Google Contact Sync?

I want my GMail contacts synchronised with my phone, and I want help finding and merging duplicates. Since Nokia PC Suite already synchronises with Outlook, I just need a way to get GMail contacts to Outlook and merge them easily. With the recent introduction of "My Contacts" to the GMail address book, I suspect someone at Google is planning a GMail Contact Sync much like Google Calendar Sync. Hopefully after that they will come together as a Google Outlook Sync application. This does, however, still leave out the duplicate finding and merging functionality that I require.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I've started organising my GMail and Facebook contacts into groups.
PPS - It turns out I need at least "family", "extended family" and "very extended family" to represent my relatives.

No comments: