Sunday 20 July 2008

A plug for Midsummer Night's Dream

I meant to do this yesterday to give everyone the maximum time to act, but my weekend got a bit away from me. Anyway, on Friday night, Debbie and I saw A Midsummer Night's Dream by the Harvest Rain Theatre Company. It was great. Sets and costumes were top notch, but the performances were really outstanding. Hermia and Helena had particular enthusiasm, backed strongly by Lysander and Demetrius. The stand-out moments, however, are undoubtedly in the final scene, the spectacular, hammy, over-the-top performance of "Pyramus and Thisbe". I bust a gut laughing.

The play is still being performed until the 26th - just one more week. If you plan to go, book sooner rather than later.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I highly recommend it.
PPS - Obviously, or I wouldn't be writing this.

No comments: