Wednesday 17 September 2008

Blast From the Past

Blast From the Past was a better movie than I expected. I remembered seeing previews and posters years ago, but I never got around to seeing it. Just this week it came from Quickflix, and both Debbie and I enjoyed it a lot. The physical comedy, the writing ("Leave My Elevator Alone!") and the performances were all great. It was even good to see Nathan Fillion in there, though he does count as a minor villain. The fight between him and Brendan Fraser goes just as it should for a guy who tries to sucker-punch.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - If you never got around to seeing it, maybe you should rent it now.
PPS - I wonder how many domestic fallout shelters still exist.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I think "Blast from the Past" is one of the best comedies no one's ever seen. Fraser's performance in it is hilarious. It's been a while since I last saw it though - now that I know who Nathan Fillion is, I have to watch it again.

John said...

It's weird how some good movies manage to slip through the cracks like that, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It is Brendan Fraser tho, possibly one of the worst actors of all time

John said...

There is that. Dudley Do-Right and George of the Jungle are not his finest moments. I think in this case, though, he did well.